[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Jan. 15, 2012

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 19:16:44 EST 2012

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm
Jan. 15, 2012

Honoring Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
1) Herbie Hancock-I Have a Dream (The Complete Blue Note Sixties Sessions)
2) Billy Taylor-His Name Was Martin (It's a Matter of Pride)
3) Duke Ellington's My People-King Fit de Battle of Alabam (My People)
4) Dizzy Gillespie-Brother K (Bebop)
5) Nina Simone-Why? The King of Love Is Dead (Young, Gifted & Black)
6) Campbell Brothers-A Change Is Gonna Come (Do You Feel It?)
7) Hannibal Marvin Peterson-Swing Low Sweet Chariot (Live at Antibes)
8) Max Roach/MLK-I Have A Dream (Chattahoochie Red)
9) Archie Shepp-Dr King, Peaceful Warrior (Things Have Gotta Change)
10) Denys Baptiste-Let Freedom Ring (Let Freedom Ring)
11) John Hollenback/MLK-Drum Major Instinct (No Images)
12) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com