[JPL] PLAYLIST SUNDAY NIGHT JAZZ WCOM-FM 1/15/12 MLK SPECIAL!

Larry Thomas lrt0393 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 23:35:08 EST 2012

THEME--WALTZ FOR A RAINY BEBOP EVENING--EDDIE JEFFERSON--MUSE

              HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTIN LUTHER KING NIGHT!

Max Roach--The Dream/Its Time--Chattahoochee Red--Columbia
Max Romeo--Martin Luther King--Reconstruction--Mango
Woody Shaw--United--United--Columbia

Bobby Hutcherson--Black Heroes--Now!--Blue Note
Last Poets--When The Revolution Comes--Last Poets--Strata-East
Gil Scott-Heron--Free Will--Free Will--Flying Dutchman

John Coltrane--Africa--Greatest Hits--Impulse
Peter Tosh--African--Equal Rights--Coumbia
Dianne Reeves--Afro-Blue--I Remember--Blue Note

Andy Narell--Workout--The Hammer--Windham Hill
Haki Madhubuti--Children--Medasi--Third World
Burning Spear--Slavery Days--Marcus Garvey--Mango

Brooklyn Repertory Ensemble--King--Pragmatic Optimism--360
Gil Scott-Heron--A Toast To The People--From South Africa To South Carolina
Louis Armstrong--Black And Blue--Satch Plays Fats--Columbia

David Leonhardt--Peace--Explorations--Big Bang
Mahalia Jackson/Duke Ellington--Come Sunday--Lift Every Voice--Sony
Bus Brown--America--The Story Teller--Relate

Courtney Pine--Children Of The Ghetto--Journey To The Urge Within--Antilles
John Coltrane--Wise One--Gentle Side--Impulse
Nina Simone--I Wish I Knew How It Feels To Be Free--Legendary Nina Simone--BMG

Art Blakey--Free For All--Free For All--Blue Note
Joey Calderazzo--Black Nile--The Traveler--Blue Note
Gil Scott-Heron--Home Is Where The Hatred Is--Its Your World--TVT
Art Blakey--CORE--Free For All--Blue Note

THEME--WALTZ FOR A RAINY BEBOP EVENING--EDDIE JEFFERSON--MUSE

Larry Reni Thomas
Host
Sunday Night Jazz
WCOM-FM