[JPL] WCPN Jazz Playlist 1/15

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Jan 16 10:52:48 EST 2012

Here's what was played this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WCPN in
Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Randy Johnston    Nostalgia for What Never Was

                                                                     People
Music        Random Act

Joey DeFrancesco       I Got a Woman              40                    High
Note

Ray Charles - Count Basie Band     I Can't Stop Loving You

                                                 Ray Sings, Basie Swings
Concord

Ray Charles   Hit the Road, Jack     Singular Genius                Concord

Ray Charles      Georgia on My Mind       "
"

David Gibson           Preachin'       End of the Tunnel
Positone

Al Naylor          Little Proxy                   Legacy
Naylor

Vanguard Jazz Orchestra      All of Me   Forever Lasting        Planet Arts

Wynton Marsalis       Green Chimneys

                                                        Swinging into the
21st       Columbia/Legacy

1:00AM

Chico Hamilton      Transfusion               Drumfusion             Columia
(LP)

Chico Hamilton      Thoughts of Miles (Freddie Freeloader)

Thoughts of.     Koch

Charles Lloyd       Forest Flower           At His Best
Warner

Charles Lloyd         Dream Weaver         Athens Concert        ECM

Keith Jarrett              Part 6                            Rio
ECM

Wellstone Conspiracy       Dreamscape   Humble Origins       Origin

2:00AM

Reuben Wilson       Here We Go                Revisited
American Showplace

Brent Carter     With Eyes Closed     Urgency of Now             Positone

Hal Galper      Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry

                                                      Trip the Light
Fantastic       Origin

David Budway      Sama'i Shat Arabud        A New Kiss         MaxJazz

Rez Abbasi       Onus On Us              Suno Suno
enja

Bob Belden     Just Three Miles              Miles Espanol            E-One

3:00AM

Malika Zarra        Prelude/Mossameeha    Berber Taxi             Motema

Tim Hagans     Wailing Trees     The Moon is Waiting             Palmetto

Jack Wilkins     Mountain Watercolors

                                             The Blue and Green Project
Summit

George Lernis          Canvas      Shapes of Nature
Lernis

Denise King               Nuages              No Tricks
Cristal

Paul Desmond           Nuages              Pure Desmond                CTI

4:00AM

Nicole Mitchell         Momentum                Awakening
Delmark

Mindy Canter        Memphis Underground   Fluteus Maximus  Mindela

Gerald Beckett     Entre Nous                Standard Flute
Summit

Lee Konitz et al         Oleo                   Live at Birdland
ECM

Sonny Rollins        St. Thomas         Saxophone Colossus          Prestige

Paul Ferguson          Masks                       Rays of Light
Ferguson

5:00AM

Sean Nowell       Blues on the Corner     Stockholm Swingin'   Positone

Sir Roland Hanna     Lush Life   Colors from a Giant's Kit       IPO

Sam Pannunzio      The B-Side                Goin' Home               East
Side Jazz

Yotam Silberstein     Saudade da Bahia        Brasil                    Jazz
Legacy

John Basile          Fotographia                Amplitudes
String Time Jazz

Tineke Postma      Cancao de Amor     The Dawn of Light        Challenger

Patrick Cornelius     My Ship                 Maybe Steps
Positone

Houston Person      I Wished on the Moon       So Nice             High Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV

The Idea Center