[JPL] It's Jack DeJohnette week on MOJA Radio

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 12:58:48 EST 2012

Russ Davis here, and since the great drummer, pianist, composer, bandleader and new NEA Jazz Master Jack DeJohnette turns 70 later this year, we’ll fill the week with a number  of features in celebration of one of MOJA’s greatest! We’ll start with a salute to the great George Duke on Monday Masters…Give you new, rare live performances by The Jack DeJohnette Group on Live @ MOJALand…new releases by Jack DeJohnette as well as Tom Grose and more on The All New Music Revue, Jack DeJohnette’s effect during the fusion days on Friday Fusion and the complete Jack DeJohnette story including all about his new Sound Travels CD on Saturday’s Words & Music! Of course there’s all our funky business as usual too. Go to the website (www.mojaradio.com) and get all the details. Here’s a brief rundown...

Monday…Monday with the Masters featuring birthday boy George Duke! (He was 66 on January 12th!)
Tuesday…This Is Acid Jazz & Attack of the Jazzy Jambands!
Wednesday…Live @ MOJALand (Jack DeJohnette Group Live @ Yoshi’s) & more Jazzy Jambands.
Thursday…The All New Music Revue (New Jack DeJohnette & Tom Grose CDs!) & more Jazzy Jambands.
Friday…If It’s Friday, This Must Be Fusion (The Jack DeJohnette Effect during the Fusion Era!)
Saturday…Words & Music (Sound Travels with Jack DeJohnette-interview with Russ @ Blue Note NYC!)
Sunday…The Sunday Specials (9 AM-1 PM ET & 9 PM-1 AM ET that’s 6-10 PM Pacific)

Russ Davis
MOJARadio
“Jazz In The Present Tense!”
www.mojaradio.com