[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 01-19-12

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Thu Jan 19 16:05:42 EST 2012

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 01-19-12

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 2

Harry Belafonte - Cocoanut Woman - Sing Your Song: The Music (Sony Masterworks) [C][a]  3:22
Charlie Haden & Hank Jones - Going Home - Come Sunday (Emarcy) [C] 4:14
Charlie Haden & Hank Jones - Hymn Medley - Steal Away (Verve) 7:37
Bruce Babad - My Funny Valentine - A Tribute To Paul Desmond  (Primrose Lane) [C] 6:15
Bruce Babad - Things Ain't What They Used To Be - A Tribute To Paul Desmond (Primrose Lane) [C] 7:16

  BREAK

New World Jazz Project - Ain't No Sunshine - Brave New World (Tahoe Blue Music) [C][a] 6:06
Don Sebesky - Song To A Seagull - Giant Box (CTI/Masterworks Jazz) [C][a] 5:47
Jack DeJohnette - Oneness - Sound Travels (Eone) [C] 5:57
Janice Findlay - Bye Bye Blackbird - Anywhere But Here (self-released) [C][a] 5:58
Janice Findlay - When I Go Away - Anywhere But Here (self-released) [C][a] 6:18

  BREAK

Part 3

Paul Desmond Quartet - Tangerine - Like Someone In Love (Telarc) 9:39
Paul Desmond Quartet - Meditation - Like Someone In Love (Telarc) 10:52
Brad Mehldau Trio - London Blues - The Art Of The Trio: Additional Recordings: 1997-2001 (Nonesuch) [C] 12:14
Chick Corea / Eddie Gomez / Paul Motian - Little Rootie Tootie - Further Explorations (Concord) [C] 10:25
Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind - Singular Genius: The Complete ABC Singles Sampler (Concord) [C][a] 3:40

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56