[JPL] About 10 days away from opening up JazzWeek Summit 2012 Detroit registration

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Sat Jan 21 13:11:05 EST 2012

Hi all,

A quick update …

We've finalized the hotel contract for the 2012 JazzWeek Summit in Detroit, August 30 and 31. The Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center will be the headquarters hotel for the Summit. It's also the HQ hotel for the Detroit Jazz Festival, which starts the evening of August 31.

The hotel has given us the same group room rate as the Detroit Jazz Festival, so that's a big plus. The rate will be $114/night for single or double occupancy.

We're going to open early-bird registration in about 10 days or so. I've set the date of May 1 to be the date panels and presentations need to be finalized. Included in the Summit will be a Thursday night awards dinner and performance. Those details are still being worked out.

Hotel reservation information will be provided at the same time registration starts.

Thanks,
Ed