[JPL] Jazz Odyssey Playlist, KZYX - January 23, 2012

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Jan 23 19:11:01 EST 2012

Greetings! Like everybody else in the world, today I included Etta James
and Johnny Otis tributes in the Jazz Odyssey. Here's the full playlist All
the best, Jerry
*
*THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, January 23, 2012
KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com*
*

*Ornette Coleman* - “Congeniality” from *The Shape of Jazz to Come* on *
Atlantic*
*Tomas Ramirez* - “Confrontal Obtusion” from *Tres (Three)* on *Inio Music*
*Generations* - “Rhythm-A-Ning” from *Tough Guys* on *ICO*

*Etta James* - “Imagination” from *Time After Time* on *Private Music*
*Etta James* - “Love and Happiness” from *The Right Time* on *Elektra*
*Etta James* - “Only Time Will Tell” from *Peaches* on *Chess*
*Etta James* - “I've Been Loving You Too Long” from *Love's Been Rough On Me
* on *Private Music*
*Etta James* - “Willow Weep for Me” from *Time After Time* on *Private Music
*

*Chet Baker* - “Autumn Leaves” from *This Is Jazz #2* on *Columbia/Legacy**
*(request)
**

*The All Stars* - “Blue Lou” from *Session At Midnight* on *PAUSA*
*Frank SInatra* - “You Make Me Feel So Young” from *Best Of The Best* on *
Capitol*
*Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington* - “Duke's Place” from *Ella at Duke's
Place* on *Verve*
*Bruce Babad* - “Things Ain't What They Used to Be” from *A Tribute to Paul
Desmond* on *Primrose Lane Music*

*Johnny Otis* - “Willie And The Hand Jive” from *Great Rhythm & Blues
Oldies Volume 3* on *Blues Spectrum*
*Johnny Otis* - “I've Got the Walkin' Blues” from *Blues and Swing Party
Volume One* on *J & T Records*
*Johnny Otis* - “Fannie Mae” from *Great Rhythm & Blues Oldies Volume 3* on
*Blues Spectrum*
*Johnny Otis* - “Please Don't Leave Me” from *Blues and Swing Party Volume
One* on *J & T Records*
*Johnny Otis* - “Country Girl” from *Great Rhythm & Blues Oldies Volume 3*on
*Blues Spectrum*
*Johnny Otis Band* - “Sincerely” from *Blues and Swing Party Volume* on *J
& T Records*

*The Leaders* - “Mudfoot” from *Mudfoot* on *Black Hawk*
*Gary Burton & Friends* - “Guitarre Picante” from *Six Pack* on *GRP*
--
Jerry Karp,
Village Books
jerry at rocketwords.com