[JPL] slightly blued

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Wed Jan 25 08:05:04 EST 2012


Not only music ed, but the real deal. These students spend a lot of time being taught how to swing! Technique, for sure, but the art of swing and sincere expression is number one. 

Thanks everyone for spinning. Give it a listen if you haven't yet. Slightly Blued, from NCCU Jazz studies. FYI, Branford and his band members are on faculty here at NCCU.
BH Hudson
WNCU


-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:23 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] slightly blued

THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek for more information. Become part of the solution.

---

WDNA add

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:08 PM, Claudia Russell <crussell at sdccd.edu> wrote:

> THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek for more information. Become part of the solution.
> 
> ---
> 
> Hi!
> 
> Just wanted to let you know we added this release yesterday and I'll be spinning it today on the Jazz Ride Home.
> Hooray for music education!
> 
> Peace,
> Claudia
> 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Claudia Russell
> San Diego's Jazz 88.3 
> www.jazz88.org
> Program Director
> Host, The Jazz Ride Home
> www.facebook.com/thejazzridehome
> 
> Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. 
> -Plato
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Hudson, B.H.
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:01 PM
> To: 'jazzproglist at jazzweek.com'
> Subject: RE: [JPL] slightly blued
> 
> THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek for more information. Become part of the solution.
> 
> ---
> 
> Thanks brad. The more spins we get, the more likely the university funding for jazz studies. And, it ain't half bad!
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Bradley Stone
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:51 PM
> To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
> Subject: Re: [JPL] slightly blued
> 
> THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek for more information. Become part of the solution.
> 
> ---
> 
> Aloha, BH:  we are already on this!  Cheers, and best wishes, Brad
> 
> 
> 
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Hudson, B.H. <bhhudson at nccu.edu> wrote:
> 
>> THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR: The JazzWeek relaunch -- JazzWeek 2.0 -- crowdfunding
>> project has launched. Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/jazzweek for more
>> information. Become part of the solution.
>> 
>> ---
>> 
>> If you get a chance, please pull out of the stacks and review Slightly
>> Blued. Big band CD from NCCU, the university that owns WNCU license.
>> Dedicated jazz studies department and good support from the chancellor for
>> jazz radio . good band. We are really proud of them.
>> Thanks
>> BH Hudson
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
>> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
>> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
>> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Dr. Brad Stone
> Music Director (Jazz, World, Blues) and Faculty Advisor
> KSJS-FM
> San Jose State University
> San Jose, CA   95192-0094
> 
> 9381 Durango Lane, Gilroy, CA   95020
> Music Calls: Weds., 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., PT
> home office: (408) 337-1655
> 
> 
> --
> 
> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
> ______________________________________________________________________
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
> For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
> ______________________________________________________________________
> 
> 
> --
> 
> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com
> 
> 
> --
> 
> Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
> List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
> List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
> Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com


--

Jazz Programmers' Mailing List: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
List information: http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
List archive: http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzproglist/
Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________


More information about the jazzproglist mailing list