[JPL] On The Jazz Session: Matt Wilson & Bob Reynolds! And a new partnership with JazzDIY

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Thu Jan 26 12:54:05 EST 2012

You can see a snazzy PDF version of this newsletter at http://bit.ly/ydZx2J

...or read the text below:

Jan. 26, 2012

Hello friends!

No Poetry Event Tonight: A reminder that I canceled the scheduled poetry
event at the Green Fig Cafe in Brooklyn because of their very sketchy
labor practices. Watch this space for news of a new venue.

The Jazz Session Widget: Thanks to David Rosam for installing the show's
widget on his site: http://www.dangerous-thinking.com/. You can get the
widget here: http://bit.ly/o4LjvZ. If you add it to your site, please
let me know and I'll mention you in this newsletter.

New Members: A big "thank you!" to Brion Shapiro and Ryan Meagher for
becoming members. I couldn't do it without you! (And by "it" I mean
sleep indoors and eat.)

Special Membership Offer: The Jazz Session is member-supported, so if
you like what you hear, please join. The next two people who join at the
middle or top level (yearly or monthly) will receive guitarist Anthony
Wilson's new DVD/CD set Seasons. This set captures a unique live
performance by Wilson along with Steve Cardenas, Julian Lage and Chico
Pinheiro, performing on a quartet of custom guitars built by John
Monteleone. http://thejazzsession.com/join

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

*********************************
THIS WEEK ON THE JAZZ SESSION
*********************************

TJS #340: Matt Wilson. Drummer Matt Wilson’s new album with his band
Arts & Crafts is An Attitude For Gratitude (Palmetto Records, 2012). In
this interview, Wilson talks about the inclusive approach of the band;
why he likes the word “allow”; and how a difficult year for his family
helped him put things in perspective and brought the idea of gratitude
into focus. LISTEN: http://bit.ly/xM6s0Y

NOTE: This interview is part of a new monthly collaboration with
JazzDIY, the online journal for the 21st century jazz musician. Visit
JazzDIY.com to see a with Matt Wilson in which he talks about the
business of music. http://bit.ly/z5aDzZ

TJS #341: Bob Reynolds. Saxophonist Bob Reynolds’ most recent album is A
Live Life (2011) and he’s currently working on his forthcoming studio
album. Reynolds is perhaps best known for his work with rock musician
John Mayer. In this interview, Reynolds talks about the importance of
good time (in the musical sense); how he’s learned to bring an audience
along for the ride; and about his video lesson service. LISTEN:
http://bit.ly/waeWVQ

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jasondcrane

RSS Feed: http://thejazzsession.com/feed/?category_name=podcast

iTunes: itpc://thejazzsession.com/?feed=rss2&category_name=podcast