[JPL] Hi, it's Dot Wilder....I'm CANCER-FREE, officially according to newest PET scan!

Dot Wilder jassgirl at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 12:21:58 EST 2012

Cat, you're so sweet! Thanks. Also, very sweet to put it on the JPL.

I first joined the JPL when my first cd, "Dot Wilder, Live from the Warehouse" was released in 1999 in Jacksonville, Fla.  The 100 JPLers whom I sent my cd to where very supportive, most of them including it in their playlist, at least once. Bogota, Columbia JPLer showcased it two different times for 1hr segments and in Adelaide, Australia 1 JPLer interviewed me via phone that was simulcast online (this was thrilling) and another asked for 10 copies and put them in a few music stores in Adelaide.

Also, a few JPLers did reviews of the cd and many JPLers spread it nationally/internationally (grassroots). Such fun! This couldn't have been accomplished w/o JPLers!! You all rock!!

In addition, thru the years I've learned so much (and responded back a few times) history, anecdotes, etc from JPL.
Thanks to all of you!!

I received my Jazz Studies Degree (emphasis on jazz vocals, was a double major on jazz piano for 5 sems) Summa, back in 1998 and learned a whole lot, but the info shared on JPL has been priceless. Also, been performing jazz from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to Amherst, Mass (public/private) since 1995. I LOVE what I do!!!

The last year of chemo/treatments/side effects/recovery has taught me to appreciate life even more then I did. I want to embrace life full gusto and give back what was given to me, esp musically. Often have sung to the nurse/doctor/staff  before/after/during my treatment thanking them for all they do (a cappella) and got an extra dose of elation when the patients also responded positively, thanked me and often clapped. It touched my heart to touch theirs.

Any I do go on. ;)

Life is great and JPL is such a blessing. I love that there are djs who play the jazz I love and sing.

Keep up the great work!
Dot

Dot Wilder
Dot Wilder Jazz