[JPL] Joe Sample, ECM Records, Jeff Lorber Fusion, Stanton Moore and more this week on MOJA Radio

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jan 29 23:20:35 EST 2012

Read further and find out what's special on MOJA Radio, the World's Modern Jazz Radio Channel online at www.mojaradio.com.
Russ Davis
Voice of America
MOJA Radio
www.mojaradio.com
davispro at nyc.rr.com
Russ Davis here, and this week on MOJA Radio we’ll give you a perfect example of the variety in the music and artists we call MOJA. We’ll start with the great keyboardist Joe Sample, who celebrates his 73rd birthday on Wednesday February 1st, on Monday with the Masters. Give you two rare live performances featuring master drummer Stanton Moore with Galactic and Garage A Trois in an in studio, invitation only show on Live @ MOJALand. We’ll spotlight 6 new releases on The All New Music Revue, including the newest Jeff Lorber Fusion release Galaxy and follow that with a celebration of the early days of the JLF on Friday Fusion. Then we’ll celebrate one of the most influential labels in all of jazz history, ECM Records, by playing tons of ECM music and talking to 11 artists who have recorded for ECM on Saturday’s Words & Music! Of course there’s all our funky business as usual including our weekly features This Is Acid Jazz and The Attack of the Jazzy Jambands. Go to the website (www.mojaradio.com) and get all the details. Here’s a brief rundown...

Monday…Monday with the Masters featuring birthday boy Joe Sample! (He’s was 73 on Wednesday, February 1st!)

Tuesday…This Is Acid Jazz & The Attack of the Jazzy Jambands!

Wednesday…Live @ MOJALand (Stanton Moore with Galactic AND Garage A Trois!) & more Jazzy Jambands.

Thursday…The All New Music Revue (6 more brand new releases!) & more Jazzy Jambands.

Friday…If It’s Friday, This Must Be Fusion (The Jeff Lorber Fusion: Back In The Day!)

Saturday…Words & Music (The ECM Records Story with 11 ECM artists talking to Russ Davis!)

Sunday…The Sunday Specials (9 AM-1 PM ET & 9 PM-1 AM ET that’s 6-10 PM Pacific)

Now you get all of this as a citizen of MOJA Nation for only 33 cents a day if you join as a monthly subscriber and about 27 cents a day if you join for a year. But, there’s a FREE side to MOJA Radio too and everyone’s invited to enjoy any of those free features found on the MOJA Radio homepage. Just look for the links to see interviews and live performance video on our MOJA Vision YouTube channel, read all about MOJA on our MOJA Radio Blog Site (I just posted a new one covering Club d’Elf’s performance at New York’s Le Poisson Rouge recently), and hear my weekly program JAZZ AMERICA on Voice of America as well as a 1 ½ hour sample of MOJA all by clicking on the correct link.