[JPL] Jazz Odyssey Playlist, KZYX - January 30, 2012

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Jan 30 19:28:48 EST 2012

Greetings! Lots of cool, new independent releases to sample today, along
with our usual journeys all along the jazz/blues/funk spectrum. Come's
love, nothing can can be done! Here's today's playlist All the best, Jerry
*
*THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, January 23, 2012
KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com*
*

*Mark Murphy* “Everybody Loves Me” from *Song For The Geese* on *BMG*
*Phineas Newborn Jr.* “New Blues” from *The Great Jazz Piano of Phineas
Newborn, Jr.* on *Contemporary*
*Gerry Beaudoin* “So Long Ebony” from *The Return* on *Francesca*

*New World Jazz Project* “Take Five” from *Brave New World* on *Tahoe Blue
Music*
*Gonzalo Rubalcaba* “Bottoms Up” from *Paseo* on *Blue Note*
*Rick Lawn's Power of Ten* “HopScotch” from *Earth Tones* on *LawnWorks*

*Branford Marsalis* “Seabreeze” from *Romare Bearden Revealed* on *columbia*
*Studs Terkel* “I Heard a Man Talking” from *Note of Hope* on *429 Records*
*The Supplicants* “Parvati” from *Balance* on *Isotope Records*

*Frank Russell* “Code MD-2” from *Circle Without End* on *Sonic Portraits*
*Billy Cobham* “Red Baron” from *Shabazz (Live)* on *Rhino Atlantic*
*Merl Saunders* “Chock-Lite Pudding” from *Fire Up* on *Fantasy*
*Groove Holmes* “Song for My Father” from *Onsaya Joy* on *Flying Dutchman*

*Kim Pensyl & Phil Degreg* “Blue Monk” from *Melodious Monk* on *Summit
Records*
*Lynette Washington & Dennis Bell* “The Best Is Yet to Come...” from *Live
at the X!* on *GuavaJamm*
*Dee Bell* “Comes Love” from *Sagacious Grace* on *Laser Records*
*Stephane Grappelli and Toots Thielemans* “Limehouse Blues” from *Bringing
it Together* on *LiSem*

--
Jerry Karp,
Village Books