[JPL] Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz - "The Atlanta Jazz Festival, Part 1 & 2"

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Sun Jun 3 18:48:58 EDT 2012

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 85 & 86: "Atlanta Jazz Festival 2012 - Part 1 & Part 2"

Last weekend Atlanta held it's 35th Annual Atlanta Jazz Festival.  I did two shows as a preview for the festival's two stages . . . but in all the hustle and the bustle I think I forgot to post them.  So, I shall now in retrospect.

The Atlanta Jazz Festival is regarded as one of the Country’s largest FREE jazz festivals and features a wide spectrum of jazz styles . . . all covered in these two episodes.  They were produced as a preview - but now they shall be a postscript for the festival that was . . . and what a festival we had this year!

If you were there, you may wish to relive it . . . if you were not, listen to hear what you missed.  Download the first episode here - free, legal & in full CD quality:  http://tinyurl.com/AJF2012

That episode focuses on all the artists on that were on the Main Stage, but there was a second stage with an equally impressive line-up called Atlanta’s International Jazz Stage – featuring local jazz legends, up and coming stars, and jazz artists from around the world.

So, here is the second part focused on the second stage - and likewise a free, legal, CD quality show ready for your ears to enjoy:  http://tinyurl.com/AJF-Part2

PLAYLIST: "Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #85: "Atlanta Jazz Festival 2012, Part 1"

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Kathleen Bertrand - Jazz In Piedmont Park - Katharsis - 2011
Cyrus Chestnut - Indigo Blue - The Cyrus Chestnut Quartet - 2012
Cyrus Chestnut	 - Eyes Of An Angel - Journeys - 2011
Kathleen Bertrand - All Of Me - All Of Me - 1998
Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves The Sunshine - Everybody Loves The Sunshine - 1976
Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Ain’t No Sunshine - Red, Black & Green - 1973
Mushy Widmaier - Spetanm - My World - 2010
Mushy Widmaier - Yelele - My World - 2010
Gregoire Maret - Lucilla’s Dream - Gregoire Maret - 2012
Marcus Miller (feat. Gregoire Maret) - Jean Pierre - Marcus - 2008
Lionel Loueke (feat. Gretchen Parlato) - Vivi - Virgin Forest, The Complete Sessions - 2012
Lionel Loueke, Frerenc Nemeth, Massimo Biolcati, Anat Cohen & John Ellis - Salome	 - Gilfema + 2 - 2008
Tito Puente Jr. - Habitacion 614 - Got Mambo? - 2010
Tito Puente Jr. - Oye Como Va - Sounds of the Latin Flow - 2009
Yolanda Rabun - So Real - So Real - 2011
Russell Gunn - It Don’t Mean A Thing - Ethnomusicology Vol. 2 - 2001
Russell Gunn - East St. Louis - Ethnomusicology Vol. 3 - 2003
Grace Kelly - Hold To His Hand / Down By The Riverside - Grace - 2011
Grace Kelly & Phil Woods - Man With The Hat - Man With The Hat - 2011
Robert Glasper (feat. Lalah Hathaway) - Cherish The Day - Black Radio - 2012
Robert Glasper - F.T.B. - In My Element - 2007

PLAYLIST - Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #86: "Atlanta Jazz Festival 2012, Part 2"

Khari Cabral (feat. Andre Rievers & Sabrina Malheiros) - Major Bossa - Clementine Sun - 2012
Andre Rievers, Rafael Pereira & Alex Lowe	 - The New Aiye - The New Aiye Project - 2008
EC3 Coleman - Blue In Green - Her Eyes At Sunset - 2011
EC3 Coleman - Waters of March - Her Eyes At Sunset - 2011
Edy Martinez & His Jazz Orchestra - Guanena - Midnight Jazz Affair - 2008
Edy Martinez & His Jazz Orchestra - Midnight Jazz Affair - Midnight Jazz Affair - 2008
Mace Hibbard - Reverend Boots ‘n Ball - When Last We Met - 2006
Mace Hibbard - Time Gone By - Time Gone By - 2011
Laura Coyle - Song For My Father - Laura Coyle - 2008
Laura Coyle - I Can’t Get Started - Laura Coyle	 - 2008
Son Jazzy - Tributo A Los Soneros De Guayama - Promo - 2012
Omer Avital - Song For Peace - Suite of the East - 2012
Nadav Remez - So Far - So Far - 2011
Saunders Sermons - In A Sentimental Mood - Classic Delight - 2009
Saunders Sermons (feat. Yahzarah) - You Got A Hold On Me - Just What She Needs (Promo) - 2012
Marea Alta - St. Pete - Merea Alta: Live in Buckhead - 2007
Melvin Jones - Funkytown Shuffle - Pivot - 2011
Melvin Jones - Philly Time Zone - Pivot - 2011
Mausiki Scales & The Common Ground Collective - Get Our House In Order - Be The Bridge (Promo) - 2012
Mausiki Scales & The Common Ground Collective (feat. Julie Dexter)	 - Spirit Dancer - The Water Brought Us - 2008

Background Music:
J. Scott Fugate - Journey Through Jazz Theme - SoulandJazz.com - 2010

SoulandJazz.com is affiliated with PRS for Music: Licence No: LE-0004556

For more information on who we are and what we do:
http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:

J. Scott Fugate
Soulandjazz.com
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA