[JPL] Philosphical Q's regarding JW chart reporting

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Jun 6 13:05:02 EDT 2012

Is it the responsibility of the label, promoter or artist to add their release to the CURRENTS of the JW list that is still building its entries? If the release is not listed and a reporting station is playing it, are they not be reported or should the station take the time to add the release to the report section for non-listed airplay?  This doesn't apply just to the very newly released as there a few major artist/label current releases not listed that have been out for more than a month.

Is the artistic merit of a release worth an extra spin on the report ? Let's say there's a CD your station is playing and reporting and you feel that the release is of high artistic merit due to musicians, guests, theme or other factor, Is that worth adding an additional spin to the actual count?  I take artistic merit of a CD in consideration when complying non-spin count hit parades that I submit to various sources. Should this apply in JW reporting?

Perhaps this is a subject for panel discussion in the J W Summit in the Motor City?

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
The Oasis In The City, The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station