[JPL] Cities that have TWO full time jazz stations

onthebeach at aol.com onthebeach at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 17:48:28 EDT 2012

Sadly not very many places anymore.  However if you live in Orange County, CA (most parts)
you can listen to KJAZ /Long Beach-LA and KSDS/San Diego.  On a good day in parts of LA you can pull in KSDS.

Back in the 1970's Denver had two commercial jazz broadcast stations operating at the same time:
100,000 watt KADX was jazz, 24/7 and 51,000 watt KHOW-FM was jazz 12 hours per night, seven days per week.
Used to be 2 non comms in Washington D.C. and mixes of 1 non-comm and 1 commercial station in San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati and a few others that slip my mind at the moment.

ricky schultz
jazzconsultant.com