[JPL] Re: Cities with 2 Full Time Jazz Stations

Biz Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Fri Jun 8 23:09:37 EDT 2012

Derrick Lucas started this thread:

For research on an upcoming article I need to know, how many cities in the
U.S. have 2 FULL TIME Jazz stations?

FULL TIME would be programming jazz 40 HOURS a week or more

Not sure if we count, but if you live in the Traverse City MI area you
can listen to 48 hours of jazz programming per week (50 if you count our
2 hour Sunday trad jazz show) on WNMC in TC and 42 hours more on the
Central Michigan University  overnight 11PM - 5AM, 7 nights a week jazz
shows which covers the entire northern half of the lower peninsula plus
the eastern third of the upper peninsula with their 8 transmitters.
Where I live in Kalkaska county I can even pick up Blue Lake public
radio's overnight jazz shows once in a while.

-Biz @ WNMC