[JPL] Aging Programmers

Louis Erlanger louisx at myfairpoint.net
Tue Jun 12 12:06:25 EDT 2012

Phil Schaap has been playing exclusively the music of Charlie Parker
every weekday morning for at least 30 years.  I still find his show
interesting, as do many generations of New Yorkers, and now with smart
phones and Internet, people all over the world.  Many episodes are
great, some episodes are long winded, others may go into areas I don't
care to go, but it's great to know it's there when I need it.  I guess
what I'm saying is there's a place for this.  To make rules for what
radio "ought to be" is precisely what has destroyed mainstream radio.