[JPL] aging Programmers

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:31:49 EDT 2012

I'm not exactly sure what tracking from countries means, but if you look at which artists do well on the festival circuit outside the U.S., it's very much a mixed bag, including most of the newer, younger artists (and yes, singers). If audiences there have no tolerance for new female singers, who are all those people who pay to get into their concerts?

I don't know what to say about military listeners (I'll defer to you and Jae), but we have many military bands here in D.C. and the musicians i know in those bands are quite knowledgeable about and appreciative of what's going on in jazz.