[JPL] New JazzWeek Chart Reporting

MFA - Jazz Radio Promotion, Publicity & Consulting MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Charter.net
Fri Jun 15 16:47:10 EDT 2012

Hi Group -

I too have been encouraging folks invited to participate on the chart panel not only in my weekly e-mail blast to broadcasters as well as in individual tracking calls and e-mails - hopefully in what is perceived as a non-berating manner since that is my intention - to complete the registration process.

I also don't think threatening is the way to go and agree that while perhaps moving slower than we might have hoped / wished (and good point Mark about people being in fund drive mode or out of town), the number of reporting stations is growing - for example I believe 33% more reported airplay used for this week's 3rd chart than did to the previous chart.

Still, only a couple of dozen stations have reported in each of the 3 weeks since the re-launch which is a far cry from the 90 or so that the JazzWeek chart was based on until it switched to MediaGuide data in 2004. Also a number of stations have completed the process but not yet reported and still others have registered but still have not completed the process so they can report.

Hopefully with all of us working together things will continue to grow and, as Mark wrote, get to a point where we have a panel / chart that accurately reflects national airplay (with a bit of Canada thrown into the mix :-).

Mitchell

[JPL] New JazzWeek Chart Reporting

Mark Rini mark at groovmarketing.com
Fri Jun 15 15:18:50 EDT 2012
agreed, Mike.

We are reminding the folks who are not reporting  and asking them to please
consider doing so. If a station is not reporting, not getting back to us
and doesn't have a searchable playlist on their website, yes, they are in
jeopardy of losing service. Of course there are other variables to consider
as well.

 But I think strong arming/threatening at this point is premature. Don't
get me wrong, some pressure needs to be applied, but the % of reporting
stations is growing every week and there are still some stations in drive
and others who are on vacation. As long as the number of stations continues
to grow weekly, I'm confident we'll get to a point where we have a panel
that that accurately reflects national airplay.

MR