[JPL] CONTINUUM, A Journey Through Jazz #88 - "World Grooves & Jazz 2012"

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Sun Jun 17 12:30:27 EDT 2012

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum - A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 88: World Grooves & Jazz 2012
Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate

Welcome back to the 88th Episode of Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz! On this leg of the journey we are exploring eclectic jazz stylings from all over the planet including Afro-beat, World Grooves, Funk Jazz from Japan & Germany, Afro-cuban, Latin, Brazilian, Gypsy Jazz, Yugoslavian, French and a few that are hard to define.

Click here to take a world tour - free, legal & available right here:  http://www.tinyurl.com/continuum88

While jazz is America’s original art form – a lot of it is currently being created in other countries where it is much more accepted. It is quite ironic that jazz has been allowed to grow, blossom and remain relevant just about everywhere except the place where it was born. We’ve mostly turned jazz into a museum relic identified as a specific style made popular in the 40’s & 50’s, rather than an ever growing ever changing process of making music in the present. However, many other countries have taken the process and applied it to their own indigenous forms of music, thus allowing them to take on new forms and styles. That what jazz does, and continues to do – it unifies the planet, breaks down walls, and finds a common language that bridges all cultures.

To prove this, I present a 20 song selection of new music from the likes of Quasimode, Jazzanova, Cecilia Stalin, Heavy Quarterz, Ebo Taylor, Kenny Garrett, Reynold D. Philipsek, Ahmad Jamal, Dusko Goykovic, Kazhargan World, Alfredo Rodriguez, Jose Manuel, Kerong Chok, Karen Johns, Gregoire Maret (feat. Raul Midon), Jessica Lauren Four, Khari Cabral,
Randy Hoexter (feat. Sam Skelton), and Halie Loren.

Take a trip around the world without leaving the comfort of your own computer or iPod! Please feel free to get in touch with me to ask any questions, make any comments, affirm or criticize what I’m doing, or offer me free trips to anywhere other than NE Georgia and tips on places I can stay & eat without paying . . . just write to Scott at SoulandJazz.com, or stalk me on Facebook & Twitter by searching for the Jazz Evangelist.

Agape ya’ll,
J. Scott Fugate, ‘The Jazz Evangelist’

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz #88: "World Grooves & Jazz 2012"

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Quasimode - Havana Brown (2010) - Four Pieces: The Best Selection - 2012
Quasimode - Oneself/Likeness (2006) - Four Pieces: The Best Selection - 2012
Jazzanova	- Fedime’s Flight (live) - Funkhaus Studio Sessions With Band and Paul Randolph - 2012
Cecilia Stalin - Favorite Things - Step Like A Giant - 2012
Heavy Quarterz - Zinkomo - Peng Africa Presents: Silulu, Vol. 1: Deep Sounds From the Motherland - 2012
Ebo Taylor - Kruman Dey - Appia Kwa Bridge - 2012
Kenny Garrett - Boogety Boogety - Seeds From The Underground - 2012
Reynold D. Philipsek - Astoria - Last Summer - 2012
Ahmad Jamal - Invitation - Blue Moon - 2012
Dusko Goykovic - Bosna Calling (1972) - Spiritual Jazz 2: Europe - 2012
Kazhargan World - Children Of The World - Wonderful Times - 2012
Alfredo Rodriguez - Qbafrica - Sounds Of Space - 2012
Jose Manuel - Con Swing Por Derecho - Cruz Del Avila - 2012
Kerong Chok - Samba Number 1 - Good Company - 2012
Karen Johns - Meglio Stasera - Peach - 2012
Gregoire Maret (feat. Raul Midon) - Manha Do Sol - Gregoire Maret - 2012
Jessica Lauren Four - Mr. G - Jessica Lauren Four - 2012
Khari Cabral - Clementine Sun - Clementine Sun - 2012
Randy Hoexter (feat. Sam Skelton) - Honey / Dies Irae - Fromage - 2012
Halie Loren - C’Est Si Bon - Heart First - 2012

SoulandJazz.com is affiliated with PRS for Music: Licence No: LE-0004556

For more information on who we are and what we do:
http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:

J. Scott Fugate
Jazz Evangelist Productions / Soulandjazz.com
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA
30501