[JPL] CONTINUUM, A Journey Through Jazz #89 - "New Jazz Vocals 2012 #2"

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Sun Jun 17 12:39:01 EDT 2012

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum - A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 89: "New Jazz Vocals 2012 #2"
Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate

Welcome back to our weekly excursion into the great wide world of the Jazz Continuum.  This is the 89th episode, which I’m sure you are well aware of due to the fact that you have the other 88 in continual rotation on your iPod right now, and that can get old – so, welcome to the new!

So fresh, so new, so free & so available right here:  http://www.tinyurl.com/continuum89

This week is another round up of new jazz vocalists that have had CDs released in 2012. I did an episode in March focusing on the same thing – so this is Part 2 for 2012 featuring Gregory Porter, Randy Hoexter (feat. Angie Driscoll), Quasimode (feat. Akiko), Esperanza Spalding, Orly, Halie Loren, Jon Cleary, Anne Weiss, Thea Neumann, Lorraine Feather, Bria Skonberg, Carmen Lundy, Kirk Whalum (feat. Kevin Whalum).

You’ll hear some jazz with a touch a soul, some groove, some blues, some contemporary & classic jazz vocals . . . a melodic mix of beautiful voices covering quite a wide spectrum of style in one hour.

Please feel free to get in touch by writing to Scott at SoulandJazz.com with any thoughts, questions, requests, or suggestions on what to do in case of a zombie apocalypse – or you can hunt me down on Facebook & Twitter by searching for the Jazz Evangelist.

Agape ya’ll,
J. Scott Fugate, ‘The Jazz Evangelist’

PLAYLIST: Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #89: "New Jazz Vocals 2012, Part 2"

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Gregory Porter - On My Way To Harlem - Be Good - 2012
Randy Hoexter (feat. Angie Driscoll) - You Light Up My Life - Fromage - 2012
Quasimode (feat. Akiko) - Ascension (The Land Of Freedom Part 2) - Four Pieces: The Best Selection - 2012
Esperanza Spalding - City Of Roses - Radio Music Society - 2012
Orly - It’s Alright - Distraction - 2012
Halie Loren - Tender To The Touch - Heart First - 2012
Jon Cleary - Frenchmen Street Blues - Treme, Season 2: Music From The HBO Original Series - 2012
Anne Weiss - Looks Like Satin - Where Folk Gets The Blues - 2012
Thea Neumann - Convenience Store - Lady and the Tramps - 2012
Lorraine Feather - Five - Tales Of The Unusual - 2012
Bria Skonberg - Penny In Your Pocket - So Is The Day - 2012
Carmen Lundy - A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square - Changes - 2012
Kirk Whalum (feat. Kevin Whalum) - Dedicated To You - Romance Language - 2012

SoulandJazz.com is affiliated with PRS for Music: Licence No: LE-0004556

For more information on who we are and what we do:
http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:

J. Scott Fugate
Jazz Evangelist Productions / Soulandjazz.com
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA
30501