[JPL] PLAYLIST FOR BEBOP & BEYOND WITH MR. JAZZ FOR 6/17/2012

MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 15:13:47 EDT 2012

We are dedicating our show today in  memory of the great New Orleans
Trumpeter, Abram Wilson who passed recently @  the age of 38. R.I.P.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK  INCLUDE:  Chuck Rainey, Dave Lambert, Eric Dolphy,
Eric Reed, Lalo  Schifrin,
                                                       Jamil Nasser, Ray
Mantilla, Donald Harrison, Milt Hinton, George
                                                       Russell, Eumir
Deodato and Sahib Shihab.

HOUR  #   1

Horace Silver/Song  For My Father/Song For My Father/Blue Note/1989
Bob Mintzer Big  Band/Aha/For The Moment/MCG/2012
Pat  Metheny/Roofdogs/Unity Band/Nonesuch/2012
Abram Wilson/Blow To  The Head Part II/Ride !/Dune/2007

Brandon  Wright/Search For Truth/Journeyman/PosiTone/2012
Carmen  Intorre,Jr./Steps/For The Soul/Random Act Records/2012
Mike Freeman  Zonavibe/Vibe Descarga/The Vibesman/VOF Recordings/2011
Cory Weeds/Straight,  No Filter/Up A Step/Cellar Live/2012
Towner Galaher/Jimmy  & Johnny/Uptown !/Rhythm Royale Records/2012
Duke Ellington Legacy/U.M.M.G./Single  Petal of A Rose/Renma Recordings/2012

HOUR  #  2

Eddie Gomez/Homesick.Per Sempre/BFM Jazz/2012
Veronneau/Wave/Jazz Samba Project/Veronneau Music/2012
 Arturo Sandoval/Salt Peanuts/Dear Diz/Concord/2012
The Cookers/But He Knows/"believe"/Motema/2012

Steve Kuhn Trio/Morning Dew/Wisteria/ECM/2012
Bria Skonberg/Big Yellow Taxi/So Is The Day/Random Act Records/2012
Guillermo Klein/Piano Sonata op 22/caRREra/Sunnyside/2012
Ravi Coltrane/Who Wants Ice Cream/Spirit Fiction/Blue Note/2012
Andrew Swift/Brandy/Swift Kick/D Clef  Records/2012
Amina Figarova/Leila/Twelve/In & Out/2012

                                   SO MUCH MUSIC.....SO LITTLE TIME

MICHAEL J. GOURRIER
JAZZ DIRECTOR   WRIR-FM
P. O.  BOX  4787