[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Suprise 6-17-12

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 19:39:31 EDT 2012

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm
June 17, 2012

Father's Day
1) Leon Thomas-Song For My Father (Spirits Known & Unknown)
2) Earl "Fatha" Hines-Once Upon a Time (Once Upon a Time)
3) Cannonball Adderley-One For Daddy-O (Somethin' Else)
4) Dinah Washington-Good Daddy Blues (The Best in Blues)
5) Flip Phillips-Singin' The Blues Till My Daddy Comes Home (Flip Wails)
6) Artie Shaw-My Heart Belongs To Daddy (Mixed Bag)
7) Dino Saluzzi-Tango a mi Padre (Mojotoro)

New Releases:
8) Al Jarreau-Cold Duck (Al Jarreau and the Metropole Orkest Live)
9) Mike Stern-AJ (All Over The Place)
10) Sara Gazarek-Everything I've Got (Blossom & Bee)
11) Ravi Coltrane-Check Out Time (Spirit Fiction)
12) Ralph Peterson-4 in 1 (The Duality Perspective)
13) Tommy Cecil/Bill Mays-Something's Comin' (Sondheim Duos)
14) Brad Mehldau-Bee Blues (Ode)
15) The Cookers-But He Knows (Believe)
16) Pat Metheny-Roofdogs (Unity Band)

Preview of Nordic Jazz Festival
17) Soren Moller-When The Angels Fall (Playlist)
18) Atomic-Cleaning The Dome (Boom Boom)
19) Motif-In (Motif)

20) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com