[JPL] Denver & Colorado in your station's mix

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Mon Jun 18 17:15:20 EDT 2012

Happy Music Day

I am pleased to see so many Colorado connected new releases out now. The new Curtis Fuller is on Colorado's own Capri Records, his 3rd for the label. Mr Fuller is s once again accompanied by some of Denver's finest players. Also on Capri is the new Stephanie Nakasian album and Jeff Hamilton's Red Sparkle.. Javon Jackson's Lucky 13th is now out as well Ralph Bowen's new one has Rudy Royston on drums-he's Tia Fuller's bro-in-law, Tia is on the new Ralph Peterson recording as well as being on one track on Javon's new one. Towner Galaher's most recent has former-long time Denverite Pat Bianchi on the B-3, Patrick is also featured on Carmen Intorre's new session. Rob Mullins new one,  True is recorded live at Denver's own Dazzle with Denver musicians. Gizzy-Greg Gisbert is on Matt Garrison's Blood Songs.  Finally, there's the new crop of releases from Denver's newest label, Dazzle Recordings led by Ben Haugland-Dick Oatts Sextet and Steve Denny Trio. If some of you have not been serviced by the upstart Dazzle Recordings, let me know and I'll see to it that they you get on the mailing list.

Earlier this year Phil Woods, Lorraine Feather  and Bob Lark all had outings on CO's Jazzed Media label, so I'm confident that no matter how you serve up your jazz to your listeners, there's a Denver and or Colorado connection in the mix.

On a Rocky Mountain Music High..........

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
The Oasis In The City, The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station