[JPL] NPR Soon To Charge For Sound Exchange

Pete Zimmer pete at petezimmer.com
Wed Jun 20 07:18:29 EDT 2012

Arturo,

Why is this horrendous news?  I’ve been appreciating receiving checks from Sound Exchange for my original compositions and albums I produce that are broadcast over the internet for a number of years now.  It only seems fair to me that we would receive royalties for our music being broadcast World Wide over the internet by NPR stations as well.  I believe most stations benefit financially by broadcasting through the web when they do their fund drives and can have supporters from all over the world support them.  Why shouldn’t musicians, composers, and copyright the holder’s, that enable these stations to exist in the first place, receive royalties for their music?

Thanks,

Pete Zimmer
Tippin' Records
P.O. Box 2173