[JPL] Fwd: WGBH FM Boston Cuts Eric In The Evening and Jazz on WGBH with Steve Schwartz

Mark Rini mark at groovmarketing.com
Wed Jun 20 18:25:16 EDT 2012

folks are being encouraged to voice their displeasure by contacting WGBH
management
phil_redo at wgbh.orgThis is the letter Josh and I sent to the guy...I hope
others follow suit.

Mr. Redo,

We handle the radio promotion for dozens of Jazz Labels including Blue Note
and Mack Avenue Records.
We are very distressed to hear that WGBH has decided to severely reduce
Eric Jackson's on air time, as well
as dismissing Steve Schwartz all together. These two men, who I have been
dealing with for close to two decades,
are some of the finest and most respected broadcasters in all of Jazz. It's
a travesty that a city as great as Boston,
home to many fine and nationally renowned Jazz Clubs and with such a deep
history in the music, is going to be
left with so little of it on its airwaves. You are doing a disservice to
the art form, as well as the many Jazz fans
in Boston.

I sincerely hope you reconsider this decision. Mr. Schwartz and Mr. Jackson
deserve more respect than this
and so does the music.

Regards,

Mark Rini and Joshua Ellman