[JPL] PLAYLIST FOR BEBOP & BEYOND WITH MR. JAZZ FOR 3/4/2012

MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 13:48:46 EST 2012

BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK  INCLUDE: Bobby Shew, Ricky Ford, Flora Purim, Red
Callender, Wes
                                                      Montgomery,   Robin
Kenyatta, Charles Tolliver, James Williams,
                                                       George Coleman,
Billy Childs, Gabor Szabo, Ornette Coleman,
                                                       Lou Levy and Lee
Young.

HOUR  #   1

Horace Silver/We've Got Silver  @ Six/Hard Bop Grandpop/Impulse/1996
Gregory Porter/Work Song/Be  Good/Motema/2012
Alon Yavnai & The NDR  Band/Bitter roots/Shir Ahava/NDR/2012
The Then & Now Trio +  Friends/Blue Gardenia/The Then & Now
TRio/WeeJazz//2006

Christian Tamburr/La  Carretara/Places/CTM/2010

Christian McBride Big Band/In A Hurry/The Good  Feeling/Mack Avenue/2011
Jonathan Blake/No Left Turn/The Eleventh  Hour/Sunnyside/2012
Akiko Tsuruga/I Won't Last a Day Without  You/Sakura/American Showplace
Music/2012
Richard Underhill/Be Strong,Be Strong/Free  Spirit/Stubby Records/2012

HOUR  #   2

Arturo O'Farrill  & The ALJO/A Night in Tunisia/40Acres & a Burro/Zoho/2011
John Brown/ Come  Live With Me/Quiet Time/Brown Boulevard Records/2012
Victor Goines/One  For My Brother/Twilight/RosemaryJoseph Records/2012
Michael Gibbs &  The NDR Big Band/ I Want To Talk About You/Back In The
Days/Cuneiform  Records/2012

Jeff Hamilton  Trio/Hat's Dance/Sparkle/Capri/2012
Mark  Sherman/Moment's Notice/The L.A. Sessions/Miles High Records/2012
Terri Lyne  Carrington/Mosaic Triad/The Mosaic Project/Concord Jazz/2011
Stephane Grappelli  & Toots Thielmans/Jitterbug Waltz/Bringing It
Together/LiSem/2011

                                         SO MUCH MUSIC....SO LITTLE TIME

MICHAEL J. GOURRIER
JAZZ DIRECTOR   WRIR-FM