[JPL] Promoters & Reporters: Where do we go from here?

Kate Smith katesmithpromotions.kate at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:47:25 EST 2012

SUGGESTION FROM A PROMOTER

I do not know how expensive or difficult it might be to install and program,
however, KCSM has a *really *clean and easy Playlist Search by Artist Name
button
on their web site.

It virtually gives the same information we were getting from Media Guide,
Date - Time - Track

Along with ALL play ever logged under that artists name... Bonus!

I do not know, one might ask Chuy, if a search by a Week's span of dates is
possible,
a function that would provide the entire information necessary for a Jazz
Week Panelists Report.

Entry and transferal to Jazz Week might then become the issue, at least the
Spin Data would be accurate.
As well as, available for an artist not involved in a Chart drive.

>From the Promoter/Music Director perspective it:
- provides accurate spin data
- makes it possible for a promoter to keep track of their artist's activity
  without having to actually reach the Music Director* *in* weekly* *
conversation*
  by allowing the *message left* * *to be effective in both directions...
requests made/results documented,
- also keeps the load a little lighter for the time restraints of Music
Directors forced to wear too many hats.
  I suppose with the time being saved from phone conversations could be
utilized entering spin data for the Chart.

Best,
- *Kate.*