[JPL] Jazz Playlist 12-10.doc

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Mar 12 11:09:11 EDT 2012

The short form of Jazz All Night from WCPN in Cleveland for this past
weekend:

 (Time Change Weekend and Fund Drive as well)

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Rahsaan Roland Kirk     Serenade to a Cuckoo

                                                    I Talk with the Spirits
Limelight

Rahsaan Roland Kirk   Some Kind of Love  We Free Kings    Verve

Steve Turre    Hand Full of Five    The Spirits Up Above         High Note

Woody Shaw   Rahsaan’s Run    Live Volume Two                 High Note

Judy Wexler    Whisper Not      Under a Painted Sky               Jazzed
Media

Alan Pasqua     Very Early              Twin Bill
BFM Jazz

Chick Corea      Gloria’s Step      Further Explorations             Concord

Christian Tamburr     Eleanor Rigby      Places                          CTM

1:00AM

Akikl Tsuruga      S. O. S.               Sakura
American Showplace

Kenny Burrell        Remembering Wes          Tenderly             High Note

David Budway     Maintain Speed Through Tunnel

New Kiss     MaxJazz

Honolulu Jazz Quartet         Speed Trap        Remembrance     HJQ

Travis Sullivan       Spring is Here      New Directions
Positone

Trioscence – Sara Gazarek     You’re My Spring

                                                Where Time Stands Still
Charleston Square

Jon Gold         Samba Ballet      Bossa of Possibility
Blujazz

Bill O’Connell        Crazy Samba    Triple Play Plus Three       Zoho

2:00AM (EST) = 3:00AM (EDT)

Rahsaan Roland Kirk     Serenade to a Cuckoo

                                                    I Talk with the Spirits
Limelight

Rahsaan Roland Kirk     I Say a Little Prayer

                                      Does Your House Have Lions?
Rhino/Atlantic

Rahsaan Roland Kirk        The Entertainer        “
“

Steve Turre      Dorthann’s Walk  The Spirits Up Above         High Note

Steve Turre – James Carter     Eric the Great     TNT               Telarc

Eric Dolphy           Out There                 (same)
New Jazz

Ron Carter                All Blues                (same)
CTI

4:00AM

Jackie Warren   Lagrimas Negras     Live at the Wi-Fi Café    CRG

Tania Maria – Eddie Gomez     Tempo             (same)             Naïve

Rodrigo and Gabriela    Ixtapa             Area 52
ATO

David Murray     El Bodeguero    Nat King Cole en Espanol  Motema

Conrad Herwig      Cantaloupe Island

                                        The Latin Side of Herbie Hancock
Half Note

Herbie Hancock     Milestones
Essential
Columbia/Legacy

5:00AM

Josh Levinson     10, 9, 8, 7
    Chauncey Street
Levinson

Manhattan Projects      Del Sasser

                                             We Remember Cannonball
Evidence/Alfa

Sam Jones         Seven Minds      Something in Common        32 Jazz

Tim Willcox        Moab               Superjazzers Vol. 1
Ninjazz

Gene Ess    The Old Country    A Thousand Summers            Simp

Sheila Jordan – Harvie S       Better Than Anything

Yesterdays            High Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV