[JPL] 2012 JAM poster choice

Blaise Lantana blantana at rioradio.org
Tue Mar 13 22:19:15 EDT 2012

Interesting choice. Sinatra, hmmmm, on the positive side the colors are
cool.  Although I know that jazz vocalists are an important part of the
medium, and i am a jazz vocalist, I still believe this to be a
predominantly instrumental art form, and wouldn't use a singer to represent
it. Have they already used up a couple of guys like Miles, Trane,
Cannonball, Basie?

Of course I already know that the people in charge of things aren't
interested in the opinions of people working in the field.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix
www.kjzz.org