[JPL] 2012 JAM poster choice

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 22:48:15 EDT 2012

They probably wouldn't consider anyone who hasn't been dead for at least 5
years...just my opinion. Duke, Count, Mingus, Monk, Benny, Tatum, for
familiar  visages and plenty of material on which to base a painting.

That assumes they want someone recognizable. But why is that important,
once the "top 10" have been used? If you're trying to expand the jazz
movement,  they quickly run out of figures who are recognizable to the general
public. If  they're just preaching to us parishioners, of course, then the
candidates  multiply in force. OP, Clark Terry (oops, not yet eligible, under my
hypothesis  above), Django, Lunceford....

Interesting thread, though at this point, it's just an exercise,
Ed

In a message dated 3/13/2012 10:23:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,