[JPL] 2012 JAM poster choice

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 12:10:25 EDT 2012

I don't think anyone has  pointed it out but t his year's poster of Sinatra is nothing more than a cropped version of the Leroy Neiman painting used as the cover for the first "Duets" CD back in 1994.  That probably saved some money!

I believe that the Neiman paintings for prior year JAM posters were both commissioned for that purpose: 2006 (Ellington) and 2010 (Brubeck).

Also: i f you search the Smithsonian site you'll find downloads available of all prior year posters, each as a *.pdf (more recent) or *.jpg (older).  We've got a pretty fair sized HP plotter at my day job's office.  I've printed a couple of them and have used them to decorate my office.  Or rather my cubicle.

Doug Crane

dcrane at comcast.net

KUVO Denver 89.3FM