[JPL] 2012 JAM poster choice

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Wed Mar 14 12:33:21 EDT 2012

Love that idea.
BH

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of EdBride at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:05 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] 2012 JAM poster choice

This whole thing would be solved if the Smithy decided not to  use
identifiable jazz people, but instead use iconic poses. You know: most  jazzers can
recognize Mingus at his instrument without even seeing his face. So,  the
painting could be faceless, or at least "representative." Ditto Tatum, ditto
Cat Anderson. That is, the viewer doesn't have to say "I think that's Cat
Anderson, the guy from Ellington." But from a distance, the painting shouts
(or  should I say "screeches") "Jazz."

Ed

In a message dated 3/14/2012 9:03:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,