[JPL] Ignorance about Jackie Robinson

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 10:57:51 EDT 2012

Understood, but when I was 40 (and probably you, as well) I had  personal
memories of Jackie Robinson. Therefore, the occasional return of him to  the
news registered with me, as did his demise, and certainly on the Ken Burns
series.

It's too bad that more coaches don't follow your example. I love that idea
of Brain Baseball. Not all is lost: I have a nephew who was probably 8
years old  when Ted Williams died, and he was heart-broken. His dad taught him
well.

You're right-on about music teachers dropping the ball (great mixed
metaphor, too!),
Ed

In a message dated 3/15/2012 10:15:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,