[JPL] at a loss for words

Ron Gordon ron51745 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:56:29 EDT 2012

Jae:
I understand the intrinsic intent of what is being laid out in the photo.
In fact, Eric Johnson, jazz guitarist from Pittsburgh, and I were
discussing this very topic just last night. While the narrow minded and
culturally challenged bigots will see it another way, and I get that, [we]
who are affected in our communities by this dearth of musical history need
to raise our young peoples' consciences. I try to do the best I can with
going to high schools and lecturing the youngsters about the rich musical
legacy and tradition that we come from, but sometimes even I wonder if I am
making any meaningful and lasting impact? Given the politically charged
climate we are experiencing in the country at this point in time it's easy
to see why a lot of this garbage rears its ugly head. Peace and God bless.

Ron Gordon
ABC News [New York]

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Hudson, B.H. <bhhudson at nccu.edu> wrote:

> When I received it in an email, I was really stunned. someone put it on
> their wall in FB? Geez.

Ron Gordon