[JPL] at a loss for words

Jerry Maddock jtmaddock at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 17:14:54 EDT 2012

Dave:

I couldn't agree more.  The playlists on JPL usually list new arrivals
and charted or chartbound material, but the discussions center on names
like Bird, Monk, Ellington, Basie, Nat Cole and more.  Time for all of
us to give the classics their props.

I'm pleased that KGNU, while it has significantly cut down on jazz
programming, continues with the weekly Ragtime America and Swing Shift
shows, both of which have been airing on the station for over 30 years.
And the monthly Dixieland Marmalade show continues to be heard on 2nd
Tuesdays each month, one of the very few indy radio shows left to honor
traditional and historic jazz.

Jerry

Jerry Maddock
Jazz Host