[JPL] Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #77 - "St. Patrick's Groove" (on Soulandjazz.com)

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Sun Mar 18 13:48:06 EDT 2012

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 77: "St. Patrick’s Groove"

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh! Which is, of course, Gaelic for “Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all!”. To aid in your annual celebration of Celtic culture I have put together a show consisting of Irish/Celtic Jazz with elements of Fusion, Electronica & New Age.

Here it is, ready to help get your jig on:  http://t.co/3wfj57Ez

Many might be questioning the idea of “Celtic Jazz” – but it does indeed exist, and Celtic music is part of the formula that aided in the origins of jazz, and thus an important part of the Jazz Continuum. If you don’t believe me, just listen to the show wherein I’ve included a variety of musical styles and historical tidbits – and, if you still can’t see it, send an email to Scott at SoulandJazz.com so that we can discuss it . . . politely.

To that end, I have assembled some interesting Celtic jazz flavors & fusion from the Afro Celt Sound System, O’2L, Jean-Luc Ponty, Máiréad Nesbitt, Calaminus, Nightnoise, The Celtic Jazz Collective, Carrantuohill Celtic Music Group, Brian Kelly, and Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. Quite an interesting & eclectic bunch.

Ireland means a lot to me personally, and even if you have no connection whatsoever to the Emerald Isle or the culture, hopefully this trip will open you up to something unique and unexpected . . . and will provide you with something much better to celebrate than green beer.

Síochán & Sláinte,
J. Scott Fugate, ‘The Jazz Evangelist’

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz #77: "St. Patrick’s Groove"

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Afro Celt Sound System - 	Whirl-Y-Reel 1 - Sound Magic, Vol. 1 - 1996
O’2L - NYC / Dublin / NYC - O’2L - 2003
Jean-Luc Ponty - Celtic Steps - The Acatama Experience - 2007
Máiréad Nesbitt - Skidoo - Raining Up - 2005
Calaminus	 - Celtic Vision - Download - 2011
Afro Celt Sound System -	Eireann - Volume 2: Release - 1999
Afro Celt Sound System - Lovers Of Light - Volume 2: Release - 1999
Afro Celt Sound System - Anatomic - Anatomic - 2005
Máiréad Nesbitt - The Butterfly - Raining Up - 2006
Nightnoise - Wiggy Wiggy	 - Something Of Time - 1987
Celtic Jazz Collective - The Dunmore Lasses / Farrel O’Gara’s Favorite - Aislinn - 2009
Carrantuohill Celtic Music Group (feat. Tomasz Szukalski) - Dunmore Lasses - Session, Natural Irish & Jazz - 2006
Brian Kelly - Celtic Fire - Afterplay - 2008
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - A Celtic Medley - Three Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest	 - 1993
O’2L - Doyle’s Brunch - Doyle’s Brunch - 2005

Background Music:
Afro Celt Sound System - Whirl-Y-Reel 2 - Sound Magic Vol. 1 - 1996

For more information on who we are and what we do:
http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:

J. Scott Fugate
Soulandjazz.com
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA