[JPL] Blue Note Records 'Showcase' - SoulandJazz.com

brian at soulandjazz.com brian at soulandjazz.com
Mon Mar 19 08:31:06 EDT 2012

Good People

Here's news of a Blue Note Records 'Showcase' presented by the 2010 Sony Radio Academy Award Winner Mike Chadwick.

Part of our occasional 'Showcase' series, nine tracks are on offer giving our audience an introductory flavour into the catalogue of this great label.

Here's details of the playlist and the show's download link:

Blue Note Records 'Showcase' - March 16, 2012

Artist - Track - Album - Year

John Coltrane - Blue Train - Blue Train
(Original 1957) - 2003
Albert Ammons - Boogie Woogie Stomp - The First Day
(Original 1939) - 1992
Thelonious Monk - Round Midnight - Genius Of Modern Music Vol.1
(Original 1952) - 2003
Sonny Rollins - Decision - The History of Blue Note – Volume 2: The Jazz Message
(Original 1956) - 2009
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic - Mosaic
(Original 1961) - 1987
Horace Silver - Song for My Father - A Song For My Father
(Original 1964) - 2006
Big John Patton - Let ‘em Roll - Let ‘em Roll
(Original 1965) - 1993
Hank Mobley - The Turnaround - The Turnaround
(Original 1965) - 2000
Andrew Hill - Illusions - The Capitol Vaults Jazz Series
(Original 1969) - 2010

Download:http://www.soulandjazz.com/category/showcases/blue-note-records-volume-1/

As always, the show is commercial free, affiliated to PRS for Music and available to download in CD quality. Stereo, not stereotypical ®

I hope you get a chance to listen and welcome any comments or queries you might have.Kind regards,

Brian Hurst
SoulandJazz.com
PO Box 3217
Leek