[JPL] Jazz Odyssey Playlist, KZYX - March 19, 2012

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Mar 19 19:04:10 EDT 2012

Greetings from Mendocino, where we've finally had some rain. We've had a
lot of very nervous farmers around here. Sadly, today marks the end of the
Jazz Odyssey as a weekly show, at least with me as host. I'll still be
hosting the program every other week, but my bookstore business and other
life demands have made doing the show every week just too much of an
obligation, so every other week it is. KZYX will still have jazz every
Monday from 2 to 4, though, and I'll keep reporting my shows here.
All thebest, Jerry

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, March 19, 2012
KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio - www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com
*Astral Project* - “Bulldog Run” from *Elevado* on *Astral Project**
Johnny Lytle* - “Pedro Strodder” from *The Village Caller!* on *
Riverside/OJC**
Lou Donaldson -* “Sanford and Son Theme” from *Sassy Soul Strut* on *Blue
Note*

 *Kenny Garrett* - “Seeds from the Underground” from *Seeds from the
Underground* on *Mack Avenue*
*King Sunny Ade and His African Beats* - “Eje Nlo Gba Ara Mi” from *Juju
Music* on *Mango Music*
*Arturo Sandoval* - “21St Century” from *Rumba Palace* on *Telarc Records*

*Johnny Griffin* - “I'm Glad there's You” from *The Congregation* on *Blue
Note*
*Johnny Adams* - “Room With A View” from *Room With a View of the Blues* on
*Rounder*
*Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Harry Edison & Al Grey* - “I'm Just a Lucky So and
So” from *Jazz At the Philharmonic, 1983* on *Pablo*

*Charles Lloyd* - “Pocket Full of Blues” from *Voice in the Night* on *ecm*
*Carmen McRae* - “How I Wish...” from *Carmen Sings Monk* on *
Classics/Windham*
*Thelonious Monk -* “Darn that Dream” from *The Unique Thelonious Monk* on *
Riverside/OJC*

*Steve Kuhn/Sheila Jordan Band* - “The Zoo” from *Music from 58 Musicians,
Volume One* on *ecm*
*Benny Carter* - “The Little Things That Mean So Much” from *Legends* on *Jazz
Heritage*
*Deep Blue Organ Trio* - “A Deeper Blue” from *Folk Music* on *Origin
Records*
--
Jerry Karp,
Village Books