[JPL] Why Americans Don't Like Jazz....

Eric Gruner eric at jazz901.org
Mon Mar 19 21:56:23 EDT 2012

Why Americans Don’t Like Jazz   -    Dyske Suematsu  •  September 17, 2003

The current market share of Jazz in America is mere 3 percent. That
includes all the great ones like John Coltrane and the terrible ones
like Kenny G (OK, this is just my own opinion). There are many
organizations and individuals like Wynton Marsalis who are tirelessly
trying to revive the genre, but it does not seem to be working. Why is
this? Is there some sort of bad chemistry between the American culture
and Jazz? As ironic as it may be, I happen to believe so.

Read the full article at http://dyske.com/paper/778

--
Eric Gruner
Jazz Host 9am - 11am