[JPL] Why Americans Don't Like Jazz....

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 01:14:15 EDT 2012

Larry, fair enough but I'm going to now disagree with you...For starters, I don't look at this article as being some sort of metric in determining what's wrong with jazz. The writer is offering HIS observations based on his experiences in how he sees people reacting to instrumental music. I have wittnessed the same circumstances...many times actually. For me these are interesting observations...put into laymans terms and IMO it's simply another way to look at a pervasive problem. I have my own reasons why people struggle with jazz and the writer tapped into a few from the surface...from a simplistic viewpoint. I personally think taking into consideration some of these thoughts can be a great tool for helping non musicians or jazz educators and basic listeners in giving them better point of departure in understanding why they struggle with jazz...if of course they're interested in learning about the music in the first place.

Jae Sinnett