[JPL] Why Americans Don't Like Jazz....

georgetfuller at juno.com georgetfuller at juno.com
Tue Mar 20 17:50:11 EDT 2012

     I have told myself that unless this really hits at home with me that I would not respond to opinions from this list // Jazz has been alive for over 100 years ( in the usa where it was born ) which in itself tells anybody that it has always had a strong following // The day that I interviewed Alan Paul ( manhattan transfer ) we both agreed that jazz is an evolving art form // I forgot which famous musician quoted this " the only problem with jazz , is that you have to listen to it twice " And it was Art Blakey who said  " no america ,, no jazz , that's the way it is // --- geo