[JPL] Why Americans Don't Like Jazz....

Bob Harrigan rharrigan at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 21 16:02:44 EDT 2012

Mel,Awesome,I could not have said it better.I am now in the 80 club as I
like to call it.............its good/bad at this age,I still enjoy admiring
an attractive woman,but I can't remember why,ha!(just kidding).In recovery
from major surgery Jan 9th(Laminectomy/spinal fusion)I now know what pain
is.To get back on topic Florida is really bad news,especially for even well
established artists (jazz).I thank good people like Phil Woods who helps to
give new artists a lift up and also others who helped pave the way for the
young lions (Bud Shank,etc.)There is a guy in Philly Larry McKenna as a
teacher and he has provided opportunities for the young ones to get gigs.His
latest,Profile with Nancy Reed.Best,Bob H.