[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: Champian Fulton & Nate Wooley

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Thu Mar 22 08:11:58 EDT 2012

For the snazzy PDF version of this newsletter, click this link:
http://bit.ly/GLHoqu

MARCH 9, 2012

Hello friends!

Hire Me: Anyone want to hire a charming, low-maintenance podcaster with
good communications skills? I know one. Here's his resume:
http://bit.ly/xX1CtF [PDF]

New Members: Thank you very much to Miles Okazaki for joining the show.
I interviewed Miles in 2009: http://bit.ly/mZVc71

The Jazz Session Needs You: The show really needs your support. Please
become a member of The Jazz Session for as little as $10/month.
http://thejazzsession.com/join. The next two people who join at the
middle or top level will get Anthony Wilson's DVD/CD set Seasons. Do it!

New Poems: “tea on the windowsill” http://bit.ly/GEMQ42; “kitchen poem”
http://bit.ly/GBU2rV; “I could build a mountain if I had a bunch of
dirt” http://bit.ly/xy2f5E

An Open Letter To This American Life: You may be familiar with the TAL
episode featuring Mike Daisey's report on the labor abuses by Apple's
suppliers in China. TAL subsequently retracted that episode, and their
retraction was sadly anti-worker. My friends and I wrote an open letter
to This American Life, which you can read here: http://bit.ly/FPRKem

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

********************************
This week on The Jazz Session:
********************************

TJS #356: Champian Fulton. Pianist and vocalist Champian Fulton’s latest
CD is The Breeze And I. In this interview, Fulton talks about the bebop
record she listened to exclusively for months (starting the day she was
born); her father’s influence and how his friendship with Clark Terry
shaped her life; and her transition from student to working musician.
LISTEN: http://bit.ly/FQ23JG

TJS #357: Nate Wooley. Trumpeter Nate Wooley’s recent albums include the
solo records The Almond and 8 Syllables and the quintet recording (Put
Your) Hands Together. In this interview, Wooley talks about putting 100
trumpets on one solo (!) recording; why he was surprised when one of his
albums made him feel good at the end; how he started playing solo
trumpet; and how the death of his grandmother led to his recent quintet
album. LISTEN: http://bit.ly/GGRVF5

Twitter: http://twitter.com/jasondcrane

RSS Feed: http://thejazzsession.com/feed/?category_name=podcast

iTunes: itpc://thejazzsession.com/?feed=rss2&category_name=podcast

--
Jason Crane
The Jazz Session

1.6 million downloads and counting...