[JPL] WCPN Jazz Playlist for 3/25

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Mar 26 12:05:53 EDT 2012

Here's what was played this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WCPN in
Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Nick Hempton     From Bechet, Byas and Fats

                                                                 The
Business       Positone

James Moody     Last Train from Overbrook

                                              The History of Chess Jazz
Chess

Kenny Burrell - John Coltrane    Freight Trane

                                   Kenny Burrell and John Coltrane      New
Jazz

Jimmy Smith      Midnight Special           (same)                 Blue Note

Stanley Turrentine     Gibraltar               Salt Song              CTI

Chick Corea        Hot House       Further Explorations        Concord

Stanley Jordan      Walkin' the Dog        Friends                 Mack
Avenue

1:00AM

Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band     Cool Breeze

                                                      I'm Beboppin' Too
Half Note

James Moody     Moody's Blues           Honey                    RCA/Novus

Mike Longo      New Muse Blues    To My Surprise           CAP

MCG Jazz All-Stars     Teenie's Blues

                                                            Hill District
Beat      MCG

Oliver Nelson      Teenie's Blues    Argo/Verve/Impulse    Mosaic

George Benson     Body Talk (alt)          (same)                   CTI

Q Morrow    Transformation of Desire

                                                        All-Around Dude
QMorrow

2:00AM

James Moody     Wail, Moody, Wail      (same)                 Prestige

James Moody     Polka Dots and Moonbeams     4B          IPO

Michael Gibbs       Country Roads   Back in the Days       Cuneiform

Bob Brookmeyer    I Get a Kick Out of You   Standards   Artist Share

Vince Mendoza     Poem of the Moon     Nights on Earth  Horizontal

3:00AM

James Moody       Savannah Calling

                                           The Blues and Other Colors
Milestone

Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band    Tin Tin Deo

                                                         I'm BeBoppin' Too
Half Note

Gary Smulyan     Up in Betty's Room    Smul's Paradise  Capri

Benny Golson     Along Came Betty   One Day, Forever   Arkadia

Jeremy Pelt     The Tempest                         Soul                High
Note

Steve Turre     Three for Woody      Woody's Delight        High Note

Jim Ketch      Beatitudes         A Distant View                    Summit

4:00AM

James Moody     Groovin' High    Moody's Party              Telarc

James Moody     Polka Dots and Moonbeams     4B           IPO

Don Byron      It's My Desire     Love, Peace and Soul      Savoy

Charlie Haden - Hank Jones    The Old Rugged Cross

                                                            Come Sunday
EmArcy

Grace Kelly   Wade in the Water/Bemsha Swing  Grace     Pazz

Thelonious Monk     Green Chimenys

                                                     Straight, No Chaser
Columbia/Legacy

Houston Person      Blue Monk    Music of the Sphere        High Note

5:00AM

James Moody   Moody's Mood for the Blues   (same)        Prestige

James Moody       Parker's Mood       Moody's Party          Telarc

Dizzy Gillespie Alumni All-Star Big Band    Emanon

                                                         Things to Come
MCG

Ehud Asherie     Learnin' the Blues   Upper West Side        Positone

Gerry Beaudoin     Joanne Hears the Blues   The Return      Francesca

Michael Pedicin     You Don't Know What Love Is

                                                    Searching for Peace
Jazz Hut

Hiroe Sekine          Evidence     After the Rainfall
Sekaimusic

John Simna

jskmna at wclv.com

WCLV