[JPL] Listen to VPR.net Live Tonight at 9pm (EST) as Terry Adams (NRBQ) Talks About Monk

George Thomas gthomas at vpr.net
Mon Mar 26 19:36:10 EDT 2012

Terry Adams is the longtime keyboard player with the rock group NRBQ and has worked with
Thelonious Monk's music for years as a curator & a player. Join George Thomas Monday March 26
@ 9pm as we discuss his upcoming show, "Terry Plays Monk and...." a performance at the Flynn
Space in Burlington, Vermont on Thursday, April 5, 2012. Listen at VPR.net

Here's a statement Terry wrote about Monk:

"Thelonious Monk is the master mathematician in both harmony
and rhythm, while all the while composing a beautiful melody.
I started playing this music when I was 14, and even after all this
time,  I know that looking at his music is like looking into the
cosmos. No matter what you know now, there's always more."

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446