[JPL] Chuck Workman RIP

Dr. Jazz drjazz at drjazz.com
Tue Mar 27 12:39:01 EDT 2012

 From WICR's website:

WICR is mourning the loss of Chuck Workman, who passed away over the
weekend.

Chuck is a legend in the Indianapolis Jazz and broadcasting communities.
He joined WICR in April of 2006 with the Saturday Evening Jazz Show and
later brought his Sunday Morning Jazz Show to The Diamond as well.

Chuck's impact on WICR and the students he worked with cannot be
overstated in the six years he was involved with the station---not only
with the high quality of his programs, but also because of his work
promoting the station and his dedication to the jazz community. Most
importantly, Chuck mirrored WICR's mission with his efforts to involve
students in the production of his programs. He also took great pride in
helping out during WICR's fund drives, as it allowed him more
opportunity to talk on the air about the jazz he loved.

Chuck will be dearly missed by everyone in the WICR family, including
current students, staff, and alumni.

Funeral arrangements are still pending; we will provide information when
it becomes available.