[JPL] PLAYLIST: Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #78 - "New Jazz Vocals 2012"

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Tue Mar 27 13:32:50 EDT 2012

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 78: New Jazz Vocals 2012

This is Scott Fugate the Jazz Evangelist back again with another episode in the never ending Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz. On this leg of the journey I feature new jazz vocals with a touch of soul, and a bit of groove.

Here is the link - free & legal to download, heavenly to hear - http://tinyurl.com/continuum78

We open with an old Earth, Wind & Fire classic revisited by the vocal group Groove For Thought, followed by the brilliant Esperanza Spalding. You’ll hear a touch of bossa & samba in new cuts by Khari Cabral (featuring India Arie) & Incognito (featuring Natalie Williams), and some rather classic sounding “acid jazz” from Dilouya (featuring Omar). Then classic jazz meets contemporary with Kirk Whalum (featuring his brother Kevin Whalum), and also with Cassandra Wilson accompanied by the French harmonica genius Gregoire Maret from his new release. There is also some straight ahead vocals from Carmen Lundy, Thea Neumann and Lorraine Feather; nouveau swing from Karen Johns, some soul jazz from Gregory Porter, and we end with something ambient & cinematic from Cecelia Stalin. 13 cuts, all new but destined to be classic.

I’d love to hear from you with any thoughts, comments, suggestions, or offers for my wife and I to come visit and stay in your home – just write to Scott at SoulandJazz.com or connect with me on Facebook & Twitter by searching for the Jazz Evangelist.

Agape ya’ll,
J. Scott Fugate, ‘The Jazz Evangelist’

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz #78: "New Jazz Vocals 2012"

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Groove For Thought - Shining Star - Inspired - 2012
Esperanza Spalding - Crowned & Kissed (Zobler) - Radio Music Society - 2012
Khari Cabral (feat. India Arie) - Never In Your Sun - Clementine Sun - 2012
Incognito (feat. Natalie Williams) - The Stars From Here - Surreal - 2012
Dilouya (feat. Omar) - Over The Sun - Dilouya’s Faithful Circus - 2012
Kirk Whalum (feat. Kevin Whalum) - Lush Life - Romance Language - 2012
Gregoire Maret (feat. Cassandra Wilson) - The Man I Love - Gregoire Maret - 2012
Carmen Lundy - So Beautiful - Changes - 2012
Karen Johns - Sugarboo - Peach - 2012
Thea Neumann - In Walked Bud - Lady and the Tramps - 2012
Lorraine Feather - Get A Room - Tales of the Unusual - 2012
Gregory Porter - Work Song - Be Good - 2012
Cecelia Stalin - Cinematic Favorite - Step Like A Giant - 2012

SoulandJazz.com Limited is affiliated with PRS for Music: Licence No: LE-0004556
For more information on who we are and what we do: http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:
J. Scott Fugate
Soulandjazz.com
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA