[JPL] Chuck Workman RIP

Russ Maloney rmaloney at uindy.edu
Tue Mar 27 14:59:27 EDT 2012

Thanks for including this, and for the kind words from all of you
regarding Chuck. It's been a tough couple of days here, as we've lost
not just a great jazz radio personality, but a mentor and friend. It
helps seeing that he's as highly-regarded outside of Indy as he is here.

Russ

--
Russ Maloney
Director of Programming

On 3/27/2012 12:39 PM, Dr. Jazz wrote:

> From WICR's website:
>
> WICR is mourning the loss of Chuck Workman, who passed away over the
> weekend.
>
> Chuck is a legend in the Indianapolis Jazz and broadcasting
> communities. He joined WICR in April of 2006 with the Saturday Evening
> Jazz Show and later brought his Sunday Morning Jazz Show to The
> Diamond as well.
>
> Chuck's impact on WICR and the students he worked with cannot be
> overstated in the six years he was involved with the station---not
> only with the high quality of his programs, but also because of his
> work promoting the station and his dedication to the jazz community.
> Most importantly, Chuck mirrored WICR's mission with his efforts to
> involve students in the production of his programs. He also took great
> pride in helping out during WICR's fund drives, as it allowed him more
> opportunity to talk on the air about the jazz he loved.
>
> Chuck will be dearly missed by everyone in the WICR family, including
> current students, staff, and alumni.
>
> Funeral arrangements are still pending; we will provide information
> when it becomes available.
>

> On 3/27/2012 12:10 PM, michael carlson wrote:
>>
>> Chuck  Workman was one in a million. A great conversation about
>> music, the world and living.  I, too , spoke with him at some length
>> last week - we laughed and said good-bye. Many of us will have an
>> empty spot on our call lists - the gig is short here - blessed to
>> have known him.
>> God Speed Chuck.
>> mike c.
>> At 08:12 PM 3/26/2012, you wrote:
>>
>>> A real shock.  Just talked to him last week.  A real jazz programmer.
>>> -Dr.

>>> --
>>> Dr. Jazz
>>> Dr. Jazz Operations