[JPL] CBC's Katie Malloch turns off the mike

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Sat Mar 31 18:41:15 EDT 2012

Thanks for the link, Dr. Jazz. I'd never heard of Katie Malloch, but
enjoyed the interview.

She says, "I will always love jazz, but I think I’m ready to take a
break from it. I want to enjoy it as a consumer, I would say. I’ve
listened to music all day every day of my working life since 1983, and I
think I’m ready to take a little break from it."

I hope this occupational hazard never befalls me; maybe my daily
practice of turning the music off and sitting quietly for awhile will
help me avoid this kind of burnout.

Tom

--
Tom Reney